- Zenith Zephyr: Erreichen Sie neue Höhen im Reisen
- Blades of Eternity: The Immortal Symbolism of Katana Swords
- The Craft of AI Writing: Best Content Writers Examined
- Louer un coin de paradis : options de villas à Saint-François, Guadeloupe
- Agitated Nutsche Filter Dryer Innovations for Specialized Applications
Over the years, fishing has taken many turns. It has gone in many directions, from low tech to high tech. You have many choices of fishing now days. You can fish with or with out a pole. Low-tech fishing is easy and can be fun. High tech fishing can also be fun, just more expensive.
Low Tech Fishing
The age-old sport of fishing low tech will test your skills. It would be you against the fish and see who comes out the winner. This is the sport from days past, where you could grab a cane pole, or a limb of a tree, tie a string on it, attach a hook, conjure up some bait and you are all set.
Low-tech fishing tests your knowledge of where the fish will be or how to attract them.
Jug Fishing: Fishing Without a Pole
When you fish without a pole, it is called jug fishing. It is used most the time for catching catfish and gar.
Fishing without a pole was the poor/lazy man’s way scrub daddy worth of fishing, effective and productive for those who didn’t have the time to hold a pole or for those too lazy to hold one. All you had to do was to bait a hook, place it on a line and a floating device large enough to tire the fish out trying to get loose. You could come back later and see what you have caught.
If you want to catch many fish at one time, you simply set out a line with many hooks, baiting all them out, securing the line to a tree or some kind of anchoring device and your trotline was ready.
Fly-Fishing Low Tech with Some Help
Fishing became an art and science. Fly-fishing require fishing with artificial, generally handmade, bait. The bait is usually made out of feathers, yarn, thread and other materials designed to attract a fish, fashioning them to look like natural foods on which fish feast.
Other kind of flies is considered attractants. Attractants are flies that don’t really resemble any natural foods but antagonize or spark fish’s protective instincts.
This sport has been said that a fly has to catch an angler before it can catch a fish. This explanation is simply put, if the angler doesn’t think it will work, then it won’t be used. That means it will never catch a fish.
High Tech Fishing
Fishing has gone high tech. You can find equipment that will enhance and give the angler an advantage over the fish or it seems that way.
- High speed boats to out run and transport the angler quickly
- Sonar to find the fish, and tell what depth they are at
- GPS to mark their location, for easy return to the fishing spot.
- Electronic color matching equipment to determine the best color of lure for the depth and clarity of water
- High powered lights, which are submersible for attracting fish.
Checking out the web and sporting good stores will show you all the latest and greatest equipment for catching fish the high tech way.
High Tech, Low Tech or Fly Fishing
High tech, low tech or fly-fishing, it is your choice. Fishing is a great means of relaxation with a prize at the end if you desire. It is fun and eating what you catch will be the icing on the cake. Go fishing and enjoy the outdoors.